Friday, February 16, 2018

Philanthropy Profile
My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2009 and passed away from it on October 6, 2012.  These were the most difficult three years of my life.  During her battle, an organization called Gilda's Club Desert Cities (After Gilda Radner), and now called Cancer Partners, provided guidance and support to her, me and my brother.  The group helped my mom navigate the confusing maze that is our cancer treatment healthcare system, and also provided her with much needed emotional support as she faced the horrible disease.  As a family member of a person with cancer, I was able to attend any number of group sessions geared towards helping me cope with what my mom was going through. Cancer Partners got me through that most difficult of times and continues to offer support for cancer patients and their families.   It is the worthiest of organizations.  I support this organization financially and would like to encourage all of you to do so as well by attending an upcoming fundraiser they are having on Thursday, March 22. 

The event is called the Old Bags Luncheon and features a silent auction of new, gently used and vintage designer handbags.  Attendees come together to socialize and enjoy music, cocktails and lunch while bidding on new and nearly new high-end bags at the silent auction.  Bags for the auction are donated by local boutiques, department stores, and individuals who host purse donation parties among their friends.  Individual tickets are only $150.  Table of ten tickets are only $1,350.  Your support for this event would be deeply appreciated.  I miss my mom every day and am thankful that Cancer Partners was there when we all needed help. 

2 comments:

  1. This post is very useful for us. Because we have a lot o tips and tricks from this post. Thank you for this amazing post share. American Dream Homes, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is perfect for any kind of night you're looking for. In the downstairs area at this party venue, you can enjoy a lounge setting while talking over drinks with a small party. Or, if you're looking to mingle or have a bite to eat, you can head upstairs.

    ReplyDelete