Tuesday, January 27, 2015

From what I've been seeing and hearing, the Palm Springs economy is doing great.  With growth comes new businesses and with new businesses comes new things to discover.  

I decided to go grocery shopping at Fresh & Easy instead of Ralphs, yesterday, and noticed a new store next door called, "The Real Italian Deli".  I had olive oil, capers and garlic on my shopping list and decided to see what they have there in those items.  I was glad I did.  The store has a great ambiance as it looked like the type of Italian grocery store you'd see on the East coast. It had shelves filled with Italian Olive Oil, I bought the oil that came in a chianti bottle for its looks, biscotti, breads, pastas, vinegars and more.   The establishment also has a large deli case filled with salami, mortadella, ham, copa, prosciutto, aged provoline, burrate, fresh mozzarella, ricotta as well as numerous other Italian meats and cheeses.   While I wasn't there for a meal, if I were, I could have ordered one of the made-to-order salads and sandwiches from their extensive menu.  Flute limoncello, spumoni, various sorbets and tiramisu round out the menu for customers who saved room for desert. 

An olive bar, fresh pasta sauces, Italian wines, catering and so much more are part of this new Palm Springs specialty store.  I've lived in the Palm Springs area for over ten years and have never seen anything like it out here.  I will definitely go back to try their sandwiches made on fresh baked bread and so should you.

The "Real Italian Deli" is located at 100 S. Sunrise Way, Suite B, Palm Springs.  Again, it is in the Fresh & Easy shopping center.  

No comments:

Post a Comment